Sunday, December 6, 2009

CONFETTI!!!





I know, this doesn't have much to do with flowers or nature but I couldn't help myself! CONFETTISYSTEM is the wonderful collaboration of two artists, Julie Ho & Nicholas Andersen and their friendship, love of crafts and design. They handcraft these beautiful installations and piƱatas using tissue paper, cardboard, and silk. The result: an ephemeral space that takes you back to what it felt like to be excited for your birthday parties, or for me, it simply makes me think of magical fun. All I know is that these two artists are making the world a prettier place, space by space!

(mental note: neat concept to apply to flowers: magical fun, no)?

3 comments:

  1. flowers would definitely add more magical fun...beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. got a little bummed when I realized they were mass marketing through urban outfitters:http://search.urbanoutfitters.com/?q=confettisystem

    but what can you do? that shit is cool.

    ReplyDelete