Friday, May 21, 2010

Non-rosy Confession



















I have a confession to make: I'm not really a fan of roses. I tend to dislike anything rose-scented: soaps, perfumes, candles, lotions, etc...and you can forget about anything that is imitation-rose scented. No way. However, I was walking V.V. through my neighborhood the other afternoon and I couldn't stop admiring all the roses in bloom right now. It was unbelievable actually, everywhere I looked my eyes met with a rose of vibrant color and intoxicating scent. I was so impressed that I vowed to take my camera with me, and now look at me, I'm making a post of it! Anyways, I hope that you too stop and smell the roses every once in a while. You can be ever so pleasantly surprised.

(I proceeded in pretending V.V. and I were walking through the English countryside for the rest of our walk).

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree... rose-scented stuff just reminds me of old ladies. It is never REALLY rose-scented! But more generic 'floral'.

    If I could catch the smell of those lavender-coloured david austins that have some notes of lychee in their scent, I would! And I would wear it ALL the time.

    Great pictures! Big garden roses...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to agree with the comment above...i have some david austin roses at home that are absolutely heavenly in scent...also gorgeous to look at too!

    ReplyDelete