Saturday, July 19, 2014

Azuma Makoto / EXOBIOTANICA





OK, stop everything right now

That's what I just did as I marveled at Japanese artist Azuma Makoto's newest piece, titled Exobiotanica. I am already such a fan (emphasize such a fan, admirer) of Makoto's work and books, but now this. Flowers and bonsais floating through outer space. What?! Whaaaaat??! Seriously the precedent continues to be pushed. I happen to strongly agree with Makoto when he states Flowers aren't just beautiful to show on tables. Hats off to you, Mr. Makoto. I'm still in orbit with your piece for the meantime...

you must read more here

1 comment:

  1. YES, this artisti is brilliant - I absolutely agree. Here are some more pictures of his artwork: http://smart-magazine.com/space/substance-style/

    ReplyDelete